Friday, April 23, 2010

Believe In Me cross country tour begins...

A lot of things are happening for me right now...

I have started on a tour promoting the Believe In Me program to children and families across the country - the main purpose of the program you may wonder... well, it is to ensure, through literature, all children start to believe from within themselves to create a positive self image!

The Believe In Me program, will give parents the support they need to raise confidence levels in their children; will provide resources for the educators, support workers, and others in the community while helping children develop as individuals; and will ensure children, in every part of every country, are building a positive self esteem from within.

Why Can’t You Look Like Me and Where Do I Belong, are the first two titles in the program. These books open all children up to having to deal with their feelings when they are unsure of how to feel. They offer a distinctly broader view of dealing with situations any child may experience, on the level of the child, and then emphasizes the role to actively teach, and encourage, the child to believe in what is inside of himself/herself and not on what others may say or want for him/her.


I have started in Saskatchewan and will be heading off to more places next week, including Ontario and Manitoba.

McNally Robinson, one of Canada's leading independent booksellers, has invited me to their two locations in Canada. You can find out all about them online here: http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/home


The first place I have stopped is in Saskatoon. I have been invited by the Adoption Support Centre of Saskatchewan, to participate at the Saskatoon Family Expo Event happening this weekend. The ACSC will have a booth set up around the exhibition and I will be available on Friday, Apr 23, 2010, from 5:00-9:00, to speak with all children, families and anyone interested in learning about what I have to offer. Here is a link to the event: http://www.saskatoonfamilyexpo.com/


The event for McNally Robinson will take place on April 24, 2010. My signing starts at 1:00pm. Here is the link for this event: http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/saskatoon_events


The Adoption Council of Ontario and the Halton Multicultural Council have invited me to do a presentation introducing myself, my literature and my program to all parents, educators, and support workers. I will be in Oakville on April 28, 2010, starting at 6:00. Here is the link for this event: http://www.adoption.on.ca/page.asp?IdPage=8068&WebAddress=adoption

Go to the page and half way down you will see An Evening With Ola Zuri - click on the flyer to view.

The second location of McNally Robinson is located in Winnipeg. I will be at the Grant Park location on May 1, 2010, starting at 11:00am. Here is the link for this event: http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/event-9484/Ola-Zuri----Reading-&-Signing


If you happen to be in any of these places, I would love to see you, so come on out and say hi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment