Saturday, November 28, 2009

Supports for children are so important. I am a mother myself and everyday I face new challenges with my children. My children are not adopted but they are mixed children and face the same difficulties that most people of colour are still facing today. I cherish the thought that I have been able to open the eyes of those around me - to start the healing process for so many children. Healing as you are growing is so important rather than waiting until you are an adult and then trying to figure it all out. This series is a stepping stone into that healing for the children, and for the families. Knowing that their families were willing to be such a support for their children will mean something to them as they continue to struggle with the issues that surround them throughout their childhood, and then possibly, into their adulthood. Thank goodness for the tools being available to those families now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment