Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Time of Celebration

We have come to the close of another Black History Month of celebrations of a people who helped form the nations we live in. What an honour and a privilege it is for me to be able to hold my head high knowing I am hear on this planet for a reason.

Over the past two weeks, I was very fortunate to have been involved in a variety of celebrations and presentations to represent a small part of the black community in Canada. It was very enriching and rewarding to be able to meet with, and discuss, the many efforts black people have endured over time in this world.

I am excited to see the communities across the country partaking in more activities and celebrating as one with each other. It can only keep getting better from here!!



No comments:

Post a Comment